While you are recovering from a work-related injury or illness, you may have entitlements or be entitled to any or all of the following (depending on the nature of your claim):

  • weekly payments for loss of income while you are unable to work
  • reasonable hospital, medical and ancillary expenses (e.g. treatment, medicines, ambulance)
  • occupational rehabilitation services
  • other reasonable expenses incurred while seeking medical treatment, such as travel expenses.

You may be eligible for weekly payments under the following circumstances:

  • total incapacity – if you are unable to perform any aspect of work, or where the work available to you is so limited that you would be regarded as being effectively ‘totally incapacitated’.
  • partial incapacity – partial payments may be available to you if you are unable to perform your full normal duties, or you are unable to earn the same level of income as you would have earned before you were injured.

If you are only fit for suitable duties (in accordance with your current work capacity) and your employer is unable to provide these, then you may be compensated as if you were totally incapacitated for work.

Weekly payment queries

If you have any queries about your weekly payments or what you may be entitled to, please contact your case manager or call 1800 WORKER (1800 967 537).