Ben is experienced in all elements of risk assessment from facilitation, developing action plans to writing and implementing associated documentation. Ben is also experienced in change management processes. He also has a solid understanding of associated WHS legislation and in systems gap analysis, audits of and improvements to Safety Management Systems and site procedures for compliance. He has experience in internal assurance processes.
Ben has also Captained, coached and managed Mine Emergency Response Teams to multiple competition wins and has a sound grounding in the practical application of advanced first aid and emergency rescue equipment and procedures. He also enjoys coaching upcoming OCEs in preparation for their statutory written and oral exams.
2009 Thiess Open Cut Examiner, Thiess - Wilpinjong Coal Project, Greenfield Site
2012 Xstrata Open Cut Examiner and ERT Captain, Xstrata, Ulan Open Cut
2014 Glencore Senior Open Cut Examiner and Compliance/Assurance Coordinator, Glencore, Ulan Open Cut
2019 NSW Mines Rescue NSW Mines Rescue Consultant/Training Coordinator
- Certificate of Competence - Open Cut Examiner 2009
- Practising Certificate – Open Cut Examiner 2017
- Diploma of Surface Mine Management 2015
- GRM03 establish and maintain risk management systems 2018 & 2021
- Lead Auditor in OHS ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 19011:2018 2014
- Lead Auditor in quality management systems 2020
- Establish and maintain Mine emergency preparedness and response systems 2016
- Investigate incidents and conduct safety and health investigations 2013
- Certificate 4 in Work Health and Safety 2015
- Certificate 4 in Surface Coal Mining, Black Coal 2009
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessing 2013 & 2018
- Qualified Electrical Tradesman and Supervisor 2000
Scott’s expertise extends to the application of material risk management, safety management systems, legal compliance and emergency management; areas in which Scott has worked for Tier one mining companies.
Wayne’s expertise extends to the areas of mine design, leadership, legal compliance and the development of safety management systems.
Read more about Alaster Wylie
Consultant - General Manager, Mines Rescue / Regulation and ComplianceFollow Alaster Wylie on LinkedIn
With 15 years’ experience in underground coal mining gained from a diverse range of senior operational, management and project roles.
Read more about Lachlan Grant
Consultant – State Operations ManagerFollow Lachlan Grant on LinkedIn
Lachlan’s experience spans multiple regions with varying hazard profiles where he has fulfilled statutory functions including Deputy, Undermanager, Ventilation Officer and Mining Engineering Manager.
Dave McLean is a renowned industry leader, with 32 years’ experience in managing businesses and leading people in the mining industry.
Read more about Rhys James
Consultant - South Western Operations ManagerFollow Rhys James on LinkedIn