If someone has been ill or injured, or is looking for help to manage a chronic health condition or improve their health, our allied health treatment services may help.
Our services include:
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational Therapy
Our allied team are SIRA accredited treatment providers, specially trained in managing workers compensation injuries. CS Health can provide early intervention or treatment for a variety of injuries and health conditions. Services can be delivered onsite, at our CS Health offices or via Telehealth.
Physiotherapy may improve mobility and strength and reduce the pain and stiffness related to a variety of musculoskeletal conditions including:
- spinal and peripheral injuries
- work-related and sports injuries
- assistance with pain management.
Physiotherapists can also help to prevent further injury by listening to clients’ needs and working with them to plan the most appropriate management for their condition, such as:
- education about the condition, posture or movement restrictions
- manual therapy (mobilisation or manipulation)
- exercises to improve strength, balance, flexibility or co-ordination
- sport-specific rehabilitation.
Exercise physiologists use exercise and cognitive behavioural techniques as a way of preventing, managing or treating health conditions and injuries such as:
- injury management
- mobility issues
- cardiovascular (heart) disease
- musculoskeletal injuries (e.g. arthritis, osteoporosis, back/knee pain)
- diabetes and obesity
- asthma or emphysema
- improving strength and conditioning.
Other services include:
- weight management
- exercise programs for general fitness
- pre and post-surgical rehabilitation
- enhancing sports performance.
CS Health Psychology services provide confidential, short term and solution focused counselling to assist clients with clarifying problems, identifying options and developing management plans to constructively resolve issues. Services are available as early intervention or workers’ compensation and can be provided by telehealth in all areas. Face-to-face sessions are available in selected CS Health facilities.
Psychology service can also be provided to members of mining communities as part of a GP Mental Health Care Plan.
Our occupational therapists are highly skilled professionals specialising in work rehabilitation, injury prevention and ergonomic services.
Occupational therapists can help clients regain or improve independence in work or in domestic and social activities.
An occupational therapist can perform an activities of daily living (ADL) assessment in the home and make recommendations for equipment, therapy or other strategies to assist following injury or times of incapacity.