Maintaining a drug-free workplace is critical
Employers have a duty of care to ensure the health and safety of their workers and to minimise workplace risks, and drug and alcohol screening is a tool to manage this.
We have provided drug and alcohol screening and support services to coal and non-coal industries since 1996, including:
- drug and alcohol screening – including synthetic drugs
- onsite screening to cover all shifts
- individual appointments at CS Health offices
- site-specific reporting
- advice on drug and alcohol policy development
- assistance with implementation of drug and alcohol programs
- education sessions to inform your workforce on the myths and risks of drug and alcohol misuse
- education about all aspects of testing.
- Instant urine drug screen: CSH are accredited to AS/NZS 4308:2008 Procedures for specimen collection and detection and quantitation of drugs of abuse in urine and AS/NZS 17025:2018 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- Instant saliva drug screen in line with AS/NZS 4760:2019 Procedure for specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs in oral fluid
- Instant breath alcohol analysis
- Pathology drug test comprised of sample collection and accredited laboratory analysis
- All screening performed by qualified Drug and Alcohol testing staff.
Regulation requires coal operations to have a ‘fitness for work’ program that includes measures to eliminate or control risks resulting from drug consumption. A comprehensive drug and alcohol policy, including screening and support, outlines expected work behaviours and helps to ensure that workers are fit for duty.
With evolving legislative obligations on both employers and workers, it is essential that fair anti-drugs policies are well-communicated and backed by effective assistance programs. CS Health can facilitate advice on developing and implementing policies that meet the unique needs of your workplace.