Sprains and strains are the most commonly reported injury

If you are injured at work, you should report the injury to your employer as soon as possible and, if needed, seek medical attention.

An injury should be reported even if you don’t intend to make a claim. If your injury becomes worse over time and you need to seek treatment, there will be a record of the incident which may assist in making a claim.

Reporting an injury also enables your employer to track (and fix) potentially dangerous tasks or equipment in the workplace. If you are unable to notify your employer, you can ask a family member, friend or union official to assist.

Your injury must be recorded in your workplace’s register of injuries, which all workplaces are required to keep.

Call 1800 WORKER (1800 967 537) if you need help to report an injury or if you have questions about claims. You can also download our helpful flyer and pocket guide.